Author: Banana (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: 01-20-07 14:34
1. camping last I heard was still 20 a night.
2. You can get food at the beach, I don't know about a breakfast or dinner offerings, but you could always stock up on a couple things from the grocery stores and supplement with beach food.
3. Don't leave expensive equipment or cash laying around and don't be rude to people. If you come off as a stuck up tourist, I think people are less likely to appreciate your presence. Culebra is small, and if your gonna be around for a couple weeks, people will start to recognize you, make a good impression.
4. Ferry from Fajardo to Culebra runs daily, you can take publicos from San Juan to Fajardo for under 10 bucks, ask for 'el terminal de publicos' or get a taxi for 50 bucks.
5. There is a camping supply tent at the beach, I think they rent tents. You can also find supplies at grocery stores and hardware stores.
You can rent a scooter from Culebra Scooters, for a day or two just to get around and stock up on 'stuff' and see beaches on the other side of the island!