Author: culebra boat rental (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: 01-24-05 06:22
To answer your question…. yes, you will be able to rent a boat for a day while you are visiting Culebra. (You do need prior experience running small motorboats....see below.)
Having a Culebra Boat Rental motorboat greatly expands your opportunities for things to do and places to see in Culebra. You can explore around offshore islets, swim and sunbathe at remote beaches, snorkel and dive on Culebra’s reefs (such as Carlos Rosario, Punta Soldado, Punta Melones) and the surrounding island’s reefs (Culebrita, Cayo Notre, Luis Peña), fish over shoals, reefs, and bays, and go shopping and to restaurants in town.
We emphasize safety and convenience for our boat renters. The motorboats meet Coast Guard safety regulations and are in good operating condition.
- Equipment includes life jackets, a bimini for protection from sun and rain, swim platform and ladder, cooler, cellular phone, operating instructions for the motor, and a laminated chart of Culebra. The chart shows moorings and anchorages at coral reefs and beaches and it has photos of the seaward approaches to those areas.
- For fishermen, we recommend that you bring your own gear if possible. We sell discount-store poles and boxes of assorted tackle near cost. Some tackle and frozen squid can be bought locally. We provide rod holders. For bone fishing, we provide a push-pole and we sell hand-tied flies.
- For snorkelers and scuba divers, equipment can be rented at the dive shops nearby. The locations of moorings at coral reefs are on the chart. We provide fish ID cards.
- The boats can be kept at the CBR pier in Dewey anytime during the rental period.
When you rent a CBR motorboat, you may, within reasonable limits, do as you wish and go where you want. We have three basic requirements:
1. Renters must be at least 25 years old and have experience in small motorboats and in basic coastal navigation. With that background, you will be able to safely handle the boat, avoid dangers, know where you are, and go where you want to. (Also, Puerto Rico statutes require that motorboat operators born after July 1, 1972 must have completed an approved motorboat operation course. Courses offered by the US Coast Guard Auxiliary and by the US Power Squadron are approved courses.)
2. Boats should be operated safely, lawfully, and within Culebra's waters. The Culebra chart in the boat shows the limits of the boating area. (The boating area includes the surrounding islets, Culebrita, Cayo Norte, and Luis Peña.)
3. Renters are responsible for boat damage and for other damages or claims that may be incurred during the rental period. This is waived when the boat is properly secured at the CBR pier.
We rent 16-ft skiffs and an 18-ft vee hull boat, with 20 and 40 hp motors, safely holding 5 - 6 people,
I will send you more details and a rental contract in a separate email. Meanwhile, you can get more information at http://www.culebraboatrental.com.
Culebra Boat Rental