Author: Maynard (146.189.250.---)
Date: 05-05-08 15:36
This forum is awesome. I wish there's one for Vieques as well. Anyhow, family (2 adults + 6 mos old baby) is set to embark on a 6D/5N vacation in Puerto Rico. Will be arriving on June 28 at 3:40 pm at San Juan. We're thinking of staying atleast 4 nites in any of the islands - Culebra or Vieques.
1. I read that Culebra is more touristy and expensive than Vieques, is this true?
2. I'm sure the beaches would be great on either one but can anyone give me some input on the different activities available in Culebra and Vieques so I can compare (hiking, biking, etc.). Any tips on available tours and fee?
3. Also, can we make it from San Juan to Fajardo to get the last ferry trip in either of the island with our arrival time of 3:40 PM - Saturday. OR we should just stay 1 nite in San Juan and catch the next day ferry ride? Do we purchase the ferry tickets in advance? Are babies free of charge?
4. Does anyone know a realiable transpo (privately owned or whatever, baby car seat available?) from San Juan to Fajardo? Any tips would be great but we decided because of the baby and luggages we're not taking any buses or train (if there's any). A roundrip arrangement is possible after our stay in the island. I thought of rental cars but I'm not sure if they'll allow me to rent per hour and leave the car in Fajardo.
5. One thing that we're interested on is the bioilluminiscent tour, can we do this either in Culebra or Vieques? Any tips on how much?
6. We are also a budget family vacationer but be willing to pay a little for a little comfort, any recommendations on where to stay in either Culebra or Vieques (1 bedroom with either a king size or 1 queen + 1 separate bed, 1 kitchen, 1 private bathroom, nice view, a pool would be a nice add on, continental breakfast would be a nice add on but I plan to cook, good ocean view and walking distance to everything? We may potentially stay for 5D/4N
7. Fishing - I have my own equipment. Can I fish off shore on any parts of the beach? Is this allowed?
8. Little shops - Are there shops around in Culebra or Vieques (either for groceries or souvenirs)?
This is quite looong enough. Sorry and thanks a bunch!