Author: palmettoculebra (---.prtc.net)
Date: 01-09-08 13:38
Good afternoon Ryan,
1. Many people use scooters to get around the island & it works out well.
2. Lots of day trippers come over on the 9am ferry & leave again on the 5pm. It is a good idea to purchase your return tix if possible. Also, try to be at the ticket window an hour before the ferry leaves to get in line for tix.
3. Most people here for the day head to Flamenco Beach. However, if you are renting a scooter (or a jeep) you could explore Zoni (also white sand) or Melones (more pebbly, but good for snorkeling) for example.
4. If at Flamenco there are kiosks selling kababs, which is a good deal. Otherwise there are a few choices in & around town to include Barbara Rosa's, Dingy Dock, or Mamcitas, or the Spot.
5. The ferry ride is aprox. 1.5 hrs. (passenger ferry)
Have a nice trip. I think you'll want to return for longer than a day!